The World's Healthiest Foods

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

How I Plan to Win my Diet Bet - Day Two

Day Two – July 2nd, 2014
Very happy for it to be Hump Day AND a Three Day Weekend!  Today is a “work from home” morning because we have to take our mutts to the Doggy Doctor.  But plenty of time to work towards that final weigh-in for my EPIC Diet Bet. 

And what a morning it was!  Slept in just a tad and opted to skip the gym in favor of an easy run.  Jumped on the scale, buck naked, and the result was a slender 140.9!!  WOW!!  That was a drop of 2.2 pounds.  Not too shabby, and the 139 by Friday seems do-able now.  But I still have a lot of work to do!

First I want to comment on how surprised I am to be sore after yesterday’s Runner’s Strength Training workout.  The lower body exercises featured NO weights, but a good amount of lateral balance and stretching AND lunges.  Yeah, lunges will do it every time. 

7:00am – one cup of coffee with the hubby and 16 ounces of water.  Took my morning vitamins and meds.  HQ = 4.  Not too bad!!

7:30am – easy run of 2.25 miles.  Slower pace than usual for these days.  I have two more days of the Runner’s World Summer Run Streak.  I’m pretty much ready for that to be over, but that will be another blog post all by itself.

7:55am – 16 ounces of water.  Stretching commences.  And I make my morning protein smoothie:  ½ frozen blueberries, ½ cup Trader Joe’s Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, 1 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder, and about ½ cup of crushed ice.  Kill it in the Magic Bullet.  YUM!  I drink it like a milkshake!

8:16am – if you thought we’d get through this entire experience without talking about “BM’s”, then you can skip this section.  Yes, I go #2.  Maybe I should have waited to weigh myself until that action took place.   But there you go.  I’m still nursing that morning protein smoothie.  Another 8 ounces of water and I get ready to hit the shower. 

8:38am – showered, dressed, still nursing that protein smoothie.  Waiting now on the hubby to be back from his bike ride.  Doggy Doctor Appointment is 10:30am.

9:23am – the car is prepped for the mutts!  The hubby is back from his ride!  It will be time to walk the dogs soon and load them up!  I have another 16 ounces of water, go to the bathroom, and bust out the Sweet Beet juice.  Just a couple sips for now!

10:05am – have to make it a quick walk around the block for the mutts, as the hubby dilly-dallied a bit J.  Load up the dogs and head to the vet.  Fingers crossed…they never do very good at the Doggy Doctor.

12:16pm – OH.  MY.  GOD.  That was a tough vet visit.  We will have to go back in about two weeks for nail trim and blood work – with sedatives!!  And…turns out my dogs are overweight.  Which means more walks after work for them…which for me is a good thing since it keeps me active into the evening.  No complaints.  I walked back to work and got settled in, but will be leaving shortly to the local Juice Bar for a lunch date with a former student.  Meanwhile, did NOT finish the Sweet Beets and definitely have downed some water since the dog walk…so the HQ is HIGH right now…about an 8. 

2:49pm – just finished a lovely lunch and visit with my former student and colleague, Chris Young.  Our original intent was to just hang at Juice It Up so I could get with the cleansing juice.  By the time I got to the juice bar, I was really famished.  I bought a Refresher Juice (70 calories, delicious!) and we walked a block to the Mediterranean Grill.  I ordered the greek salad with chicken and took half of it in a to-go box.  Did not eat any Pita bread, either.  And walked back to work.  Very close to meeting my Nike Fuel goal for the day!

3:44pm – work got crazy.  I just now filled up my CamelBak bottle to refresh myself!  I am going to step away and walk for five minutes to clear my head.  And earn more Nike Fuel. 

4:38pm – getting ready to shut down the computer and head for home.  After I hit up the bathroom first.  Must stop at the grocery store for mixed greens and dog food. 

5:43pm – so, no grocery store.  Remembered I had leftover chicken and a half can of dog food….and I can hit up the grocery store tomorrow after the gym.  Thank goodness.  Another load of laundry prepared and am about to sit down and eat while I watch TYRANT.  Tonight’s dinner is ½ cup brown rice, ½ cup black beans, ¼ avocado, and cilantro/salsa.  I am still way under my calorie goal for the day.  I want to note that this IS a deviation from my plan.  I intended to just juice at lunch, but I was so hungry.  There is something to be said for not starving yourself during a detox phase.  But I still have the ace up my sleeve that is the Dieter’s Tea.  If I feel like I need it. 

7:03pm – TYRANT is over…dishes are done…another slow, deliberate pace with dinner.  Eating the black beans and rice took 13:17.16.  Gonna fill up the CamelBak bottle again and find a movie to watch while I do some knitting. 

8:47pm – feeling hungry…trying to decide if I’m REALLY hungry or just bored.  I’m watching ROSEMARY’S BABY for the umpteenth time in the past two weeks.  Not sure what that says about me, but there you go.  I will drink one more glass of water and then probably bust out the Super Dieter’s Tea.  And then I’m going to bed.  Another day in the books!  Stay tuned for tomorrow!!

No comments: