Wednesday, September 16, 2015

In Which McPeak Feels Inspired....

There's another blog post coming this week about how I've settled on a course of action for my lifestyle where fueling my body is concerned...y'all know it's been a rough couple weeks given that the Fruitarian experiment was a semi-bust and since then I've been working a downward spiral of eating horribly...but then one of my favorite bloggers posted THIS and I feel a little bit better.  Like there's something more to keep me motivated in terms of finishing 2015 and the Quest to Become My Best Self.

Without further adieu, here's 8 things to finish the year with love and intention:

1.  Start or Grow a Blog:  Well, duh.  I've been doing that all year.   But to what end?  What am I doing to grow this?  Can I be doing more?  It's time to revisit Courtney Carver's mini-course and see what I can be doing to make this bigger, better, and read by MORE people!


2.  Be gentle.  I have a few grudges out there.  I need to get over them.  Not worry so much about what other people are doing.  Remember that I may need a smile, hug, or kind word from someone who frustrates me.  Life is too short to be grumpy and bitchy.  Turn the other cheek and remember that kindness rules.

3.  Volunteer locally or virtually.  Why the hell do I struggle with this so much?  Am I so selfish with my time that I can be of service anywhere?  How does one volunteer virtually?  I'm going to have to think about that some more.

4.  Unplug on a regular basis.  Before I go to bed is exactly when I SHOULD be thinking about this, but most of the time (in fact, while I'm writing right now!) i have two or three devices open and running.  I took Facebook and Twitter off my phone for the month of June - that was a pretty cool experiment.  But I think I need a good half hour or hour a day when there are no devices running anywhere.  Time to try this!!

5.  Align your work and life with your strengths.  Courtney Carver shared a personality assessment that she took - but I'm going to stick with what I know in the Strengths Finder world and use my signature talents of Relator, Developer, Maximizer, Responsibility, and Learner the way they were supposed to be used.  But I also am getting ready to put my money where my mouth is on some life values, too.  Which also is connected to that whole "fuel my body" thing.  Stay tuned!


6.  Soothe your soul.  This comes back to meditation for me.  I was doing so well for a while, and I think I need to have this back in my life in some way.  I also just need to let things go.  Sometimes, people at work piss me off, and sometimes I think my family is crazy.  But those things aren't important, so why not just BREATHE and move on.  Okay, I will do this.




7.  Dress with less.  YES!  I was so happy about my wardrobe when I was engaged in Courtney Carver's Project 333, and I know that I can do it again, this time with fall in mind.  So (and this does have a stipulation), once I can find the rest of my clothing in the garage, I need to put a capsule wardrobe together again!


8.  Lift someone up.  What's the point in blogging, working in higher education, and being a friend if I can't life someone up.  That should be a focal point of every day.  "What can I do today to make someone's day?"  And I think I"m gonna tape that on my bedroom ceiling or something so I can ask myself that question every single day!  Why not!



No comments: