That's not all the way true. I enjoy my fitness and training - and while I don't have any races coming up just yet, I have been making the best of my time at the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center - and because of where we live, I have access to good running hills.
Still, I made a huge list of stuff I wanted to get done during the month of May, and at the half way point of the month, I am definitely not half way through my list. Some things are going well - some are not. Here's a quick update:
1. Morning Routine - okay, skip this one (insert sad face here)
2. Write Every Day in May - ugh, skip this one as well
3. Ride my Road Bike at least one hour at a time, one day per week - okay, here's a success story. Sort of. I've taken Lucille out for a ride twice now: once with Charles and Phoebe at Hansen Dam, and once with the hubby to Hansen Dam and back. Both rides were decent - Charles says I'm a climber, but I never do feel like it very much. I feel very grateful to finish these rides, but I'm proud that I get out there.
4 and 5 are about reading more - Fiction and Non-Fiction. Doing okay here....slowly slugging through the GUTBLISS book, which is absolutely blowing my mind. So far, no fiction. I actually sold that FRIDAY NIGHT KNITTERS CLUB book so I'll need to get started on WHITE QUEEN soon. I struggle with whether I should finish my non-fiction book first. Maybe I'll try to mix that up a little this week!
6. See 3 Movies - epic fail. Not one theater film yet.
7. Do all the felting that I've completed over the past year - Some success here as well! Felted three bags over this past weekend. Two of them will probably become presents at some point; the third one did not turn out as I'd hoped; it will need some alterrations. I still have two more bags to get in the washer; one of them still needs a strap and an i-cord. Maybe by this next week.
8 and 9: scheduling fun dates with my friends Amy and Ryan. Another Fail. I suck.
10. Send Mother's Day Cards to the Moms in my Life - another success! They were a little late getting out, but they got out!
11 - 13: all epic fails for now.
14. Do 10 pushups each day. Real Ones. Not Girlie Ones. Meh. Started this and realized that I can't even do three pushups at once before getting whooped. But in all fairness to me (ha ha), during the first week of May, I did have some weird back and neck pain that kept me off the pushups. Although the way my back and shoulders feel with all the swimming I'm doing, I don't think I'll be doing many more pushups this month. Maybe I oughta just call this one now....?
15. Putting the iPad away at least 30 minutes before bedtime - this is working! I'm using my initial time in the bed to do my reading rather than screwing around with my devices! I wish I could say it's helping my sleep, but Duke still has the runs, so one of us has to let him out at night to use the bathroom. Poor Duke.
16-18: Writing, Tomatoes, Business Cards - all epic fails for now.
19. Getting a new plant and repotting Matilda: SUCCESS!
I've not been able to keep plants alive - EVER. But now that I have a new place to live that seems to really inspire me to have foliage around and so when we moved into the Sunland house, I got a fern. And named her Matilda. So this past weekend I repotted her and she's hanging on our front porch. She looks amazing. Then I bought my second house plant - a dracaena. I named her Grace.
20 and 21. Make Sourdough Starter and Healthy Baked Goods - meh. Maybe this weekend. Phoebe and I have started doing some baking on the weekends. Let's see if she'll come over.
I have two more full weeks of May - plus Memorial Day Weekend. I can finish this To-Do List!!