Tuesday, July 10, 2012

June Gloom, New Staff Team, and a Revisioned July

Well....some things are just not meant to be.  I had every intention of driving my 2003 Chevy Cavalier until it was dead in the water.  And then I wrecked it on June 8th.  totalled.  And now I am car-less.  But with enough insurance money for a nice downpayment and some cushion as well.  Things are looking up.  If I could just make up my mind on which car to purchase.

And then....I was not selected to be a Stonewear Designs Ambassador.  Oh well.  I'd never worn their clothing before anyway, and even with the 40% coupon they gave me, I think I'll still stick with Athleta and Lucy.  I think. 

New staff began work on July 2nd.  We had an amazing retreat on campus and I feel like this team is really going to get some wonderful work done this year.  I am super proud of them already.

I'm currently in Anaheim, CA at ACUHO-I and tonight was the banquet.  I'll be heading home tomorrow to the hubby and the dogs - and hot weather!  The pick-up in Sacramento will include lunch at Tex Wasabi's and some car shopping. 

Then I will basically turn my back on what was summer and put all my emphasis on pro staff training, preparing for the RA's to arrive, and focusing on the new year.  Which also will put a personal emphasis on continuing my training for the NIKE Women's Half Marathon, continuing my pursuit of those 44 goals, and opening the 2012-2013 academic year with a positive outlook.  Not that I haven't had one of those - but when you go to these conferences, you always learn so much.  My brain is full...and I'm excited.

June Gloom is over...July is here!  And I'm ready!

No comments: