Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Gut Bliss - Day 2

I'm beginning this post on Tuesday morning, June 14th.  I know that it will be finished and posted tomorrow, but first to recap yesterday....

1.  Consuming an entire pitcher - 72 ounces - of smoothie is no easy task.  But it's doable.  And it makes you pee alot.
2.  I'm still getting hungry, so I'm not sure I'm eating enough.  Maybe need to build up those salads a bit.
3.  Infused water is pretty good - you just have to stay on top of it.  This also makes you pee alot.
4.  In one day, I already feel more "regular" than I have in weeks.

TMI, I'm sure.  It will probably get more TMI before the 10 days are up.

On Tuesday morning, after consuming my morning infused water beverage (more on that later), I weighed one pound less than yesterday.  I was hoping for something more transformative, but I'll take the pound.  This was, of course, after drinking 16 ounces of water.

What was in that water, you ask?  2 slices of granny smith apple, a dash of cinnamon, and 2 teaspoons of ACV.  Supposed to be another fat burner, but the jury is still out on that.

The Morning Smoothie consisted of kale/spinach greens, one frozen banana, frozen mango, and my first try with Hemp Seeds!  Which are normally very expensive, but I got these for free from Thrive Market based on my most recent order.  The traditional serving is 3 tablespoons, but I stuck with two because these seeds are pretty high calorie.  They are also great fats and super high in protein.  They are much nicer to blend in my Ninja than the whole flaxseeds are.  So we may play with that for a while.  This smoothie went down easy, and I still had enough to pack a Kleen Kanteen and bring it to work.

The Morning Workout today was a speed workout - and sadly, I did not follow my half-marathon training schedule for said speed workout.  It was quite chilly and foggy outside when I arrived at the Rose Bowl, so I opted to run on the treadmill inside.  I did Coach Jenny's Speed Treadmill workout on PEAR sports - minus my heart rate monitor (which I think I killed because I accidentally washed it last night, damn it!).  I was totally starving after that workout.  

Stopped at Ralph's on the way in to work (I can tell already, this is going to be a habit while I'm on this 10 day thing) and picked up an avocado, three dates, a handful of almonds, and some organic gluten free salad dressing with no added sugar.  I can use this with the avocado to dress my salad at lunch.  

Still a little hungry at 9:30am and 10:30am.  Noshed on some leftover almonds from the weekend.  The second half of my smoothie is still in the fridge.  Water intake is going well.  The infused drink from cucumber, mint, and lime is definitely interesting.  I prefer the strawberry, lemon, and mint.

I had a lunch meeting where I did eat a few pieces of turkey (processed meat, though, not the greatest idea) and a small side salad; then back to the office for my "real" lunch:  salad greens, edamame, black beans, and sweet potato.  Plus half an avocado.  The morning smoothie is still in the fridge.  I haven't touched my grapes and cherries yet.  2:33pm, and I'm feeling pretty full, but not uncomfortable.  It will be time for a walk soon anyway.

Home and no dinner waiting.  That was okay with me.  I snacked later on a green apple and some grapes/cherries.  My hubby had eaten a birthday lunch with his stepmom at Cheesecake Factory.  He brought home some kind of chicken pot pie and carrot cake.  I managed to avoid both, but once he asked me to throw the carrot cake away, I did just barely sample a taste of the whipped cream and cream cheese frosting.  DAMN IT.  I feel good about not wanting more, but I don't like carrot cake anyway.

Not a bad day.  Side note - my standing desk is tough to get used to.  I need to sit a little during the day - i go home with sore knees :(

No comments: